W-2 CORRECTIONS: If you need to file W-2c forms, Yearli can help regardless of whether or not the original form was filed with us. Read More >


You have the obligation to file an RL-1 slip (see courtesy translation RL-1-T) to report any amounts that you paid to an employee or a beneficiary, and to provide the information requested.

You must file the RL-1 slip to report:

  • the salary or wages and any other remuneration paid to an employee (including remuneration paid to an employee who is your spouse, or the spouse of a shareholder or of a member of a partnership);
  • income other than a salary or wages (see RL-1 Slip – Box O);
  • the commissions paid to a self-employed person (see Box O – Commissions Paid to a Self-Employed Person (Code: RM));
  • fees or other amounts paid to a self-employed person, if Québec income tax was withheld from such amounts (see Box O – Fees for Services Rendered (Code: RD));
  • amounts deducted at source from the above-mentioned types of remuneration; and
  • any additional information.

You must report the salary or wages (or remuneration) on the RL-1 slip issued for the year in which the amount is paid to the individual.

Looking to file other forms?

Complete the information below and one of our experts will contact you within 24 hours to discuss filing other form types, plans and pricing.

July 30, 2020

Cloud Computing: Three Ways It Is Transforming Business

The cloud. Perhaps a nebulous term once upon a time, cloud computing is now proving to be table stakes for a growing number of organizations. And given the benefits it is easy to understand why.
Read More